Finding dissertations and theses
How to find University of Bath dissertations and theses in the library and online or search other libraries for theses and dissertations.
Undergraduate dissertations and project reports
Undergraduate dissertations are not held in the Library.
A sample of dissertations submitted for taught Masters degree courses are kept for five years and made available online to members of the University of Bath only. Not all departments require students to submit their dissertation to the Library, you may have to check with your department if copies are available elsewhere.
- How to submit your thesis to the Library.
- The Library holds copies of all theses submitted to the University of Bath for the award of PhD, MPhil, etc.
- Online copies: theses submitted since 2008 are available online in both the Library Catalogue and Pure (the University of Bath Research repository). Some older theses are available online in EThOS (the British Library's Electronic Theses Online Service).
- Print copies of all theses are available for reading in the Library only. To request a thesis, please ask at the Issue Desk on Level 2 but note the following: theses submitted in the past 10 years are available immediately but theses submitted more than 10 years ago will not be available until the next day. To view lists of theses, click the relevant link below. To view lists of online copies only, click the relevant link below and then click the 'full text online' filter in the left-hand column.
View theses by department in the catalogue:
- Architecture and Civil Engineering
- Biology and Biochemistry
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Engineering and Applied Science
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- European Studies and Modern Languages
- Mathematical Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Pharmacy and Pharmacology
- Politics, Languages and International Studies
- Social and Policy Sciences
- Sport and Exercise Science
Finding theses and dissertations from other institutions
UK, Irish and International theses and dissertations
- EThOS: the UK’s national thesis service
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses A&I
- NDLTD: Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations
- OATD: Open Access Theses and Dissertations
- PQDT Open: provides the full text of open access dissertations and theses free of charge
- EBSCO Open Dissertations: provides the full text of open access dissertations and theses free of charge
- Trove: theses & other content from the National Library of Australia
- Theses Canada