Skip to main content

Moving into University accommodation in the city for the first time

What you need to do before you leave home, when to arrive, and what to do once you're here.

A student moving into John Wood Court in the city of Bath
Moving into John Wood Court in the city

Getting ready to come to University

Information on this page is subject to change so please ensure to check back regularly for the latest information for moving into your accommodation.

We look forward to welcoming you into your accommodation. There will be lots of new students moving into University accommodation. Arrivals take place on Friday 23 September, Saturday 24 September and Sunday 25th September 2022.

To make the process of moving in easier, your moving in allocated date and time will depend on your accommodation. We will update this page with details, and you will also be emailed your arrivals information to the email address you gave when you applied for accommodation.

If you haven't received our email by mid-September, contact the Student Living team at

University managed accommodation

When you arrive in Bath, you will need to make your way to Green Park House to collect your keys to your accommodation.

Aquila Court accommodation

If you are moving into Aquila Court, they will contact you directly with details of how to move into your accommodation. You do not have to wait for the email from us.

Your library card

Your library card is your official proof of ID on campus. You can use it to get into buildings and buy food and drink at the University.

Before you leave home, please register online and upload a photo of yourself for your library card. We will then be able to create your card so it's ready for you to use when you get here.

This is especially important if you are in accommodation with Eat and Drink credit. You will not be able to use your credit, or get your 10% discount at food outlets, until you have your library card.

What to bring, what not to bring

We recommend that you bring a minimal amount of belongings. When you arrive, you are allowed one person to help you carry all of your belongings into the building.

Before packing your bags, look at our list of things to bring with you. You should also read our list of things you are not allowed to bring.

If you are coming from overseas, you can send your belongings to the University for collection after you arrive.

Planning your journey

Bath is a small, busy city with two universities. The roads may be busy, so allow time for delays.

There is some planned works on the bath railway bridge which may cause some disruption. Please visit the network rail website for more information.

Find parking in the city

There is no University parking in the city centre so we suggest you use the Pay & Display car parking.

You can print a permit for drop off parking only at Avon Street Car Park and Kingsmead Car Park. Make sure your permit is displayed on your car's dashboard.

Arrivals weekend

When to arrive

You will have an allotted date and time to arrive, and a key collection point, depending on your accommodation building.


When you have parked on arrival day, walk to The Virgil Building to collect your accommodation card. You can then take your belongings to your accommodation.


We have a limited number of spaces reserved in Avon Street car park and Kingsmead car park for you to park to collect your keys and unload your belongings. When you have parked, walk to Green Park House to collect your accommodation card and keys. You can then move into your accommodation.

You will need to print and display a parking permit to use the reserved spaces for one hour whilst you collect your keys and unpack.

Staff will then direct you to other carparks if you require a longer stay.

Arriving out of hours

Key collection at The Virgil Building and Green Park House is open from 9am to 5pm, 23, 24 and 25 September. If you arrive outside of these hours, contact the Security team on +44 (0)1225 385349 when you arrive.


If you have any questions, please contact us.