Storing your bicycle
You can store your bike on and off campus using one of our secure stores or designated cycle racks.
Secure storage for bicycles
If you are a member of staff or a student that doesn’t live on campus, you can store your bike securely at these locations:
- outside the main entrance to 4 South
- at the south side of 3 South
- outside Osborne House
- at the rear of 3 East
- at the west side of 10 West
- at the Wessex House cycle store near the South lift
You will need to use your library card to gain access to these stores.
Email email@example.com to request access and have your card enabled.
You cannot reserve a space in these stores. Having access does not guarantee you a space.
They are not designed for long-term storage.
Bike storage for students living in University accommodation
At each location, there is a combination of secure and standard spaces.
Secure spaces are accessed with your library card. Standard spaces require the use of a bike lock.
You can find them on campus:
- between Marlborough Court and Eastwood houses
- between The Quads and Solsbury Court
- between The Quads and Woodland Court
- Cotswold, in Westwood
The off campus bike stores are secured with combination locks. These can also be used by students living in Carpenter House.
Request a secure accommodation bike storage space
You can request one of these accommodation bike store spaces on or off campus by completing an online form.
Access can only be added to your library card between 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday.
Bike storage for members of staff and students in the city
There is a secure cycle store in the Canal Wharf residence at the foot of Bathwick Hill in Raby Mews. You must reserve a space to use this store.
Here you can secure your bike and walk or catch the bus up Bathwick Hill to the University.
Contact Jane Eyles at firstname.lastname@example.org from your University email account to request a space.
Standard storage for bicycles
There are numerous bike racks and shelters on campus available for all staff, students and visitors at the following locations:
- 2 South
- under the stairs between 2 East and 2 West
- 2 East
- 4 East
- 4 West
- between 6 West and 4 West
- 6 West
- between 8 West and Wessex House
- bus terminus
- The Chancellors’ Building
- Chaplaincy by the underdeck
- Marlborough Court
- Norwood House, by the underdeck
- Quarry Road
- Solsbury Court
- Sports Training Village
- between the Sports Training Village and East Building
- athletics track at the Sports Training Village
- Wessex House
- West Accommodation Centre
- Westwood, in Derhill and between Cotswold and Wolfson
View our map of cycle racks on campus.
Where not to store your bike
Do not secure bikes to railings. This could block access routes for people with disabilities. Instead, use the many secure stores and bike racks available.
We recommend using a D-lock to secure your bicycle, as this provides more protection than other cable or chain locks.
You can help protect your bike against theft by marking the frame with your post code.
You may also find it useful to add your bicycle to Bike Register, the Police-approved, national cycle database, so that your bike might be found if it is stolen.
Showers for cyclists
You can use the showers on campus after your ride.
There are showers for cyclists in:
- 4 West level 0 (accessible 24/7, second door on the right from the rear of 4 West)
- the underdeck level 1 (accessible 24/7 from the underdeck door between the library and 1 West)
- 10 West level 0 (accessible 24/7 to building occupants, or 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday to non-occupants)
- 4 East South level 1 (accessible 24/7 to building occupants, or 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday to non-occupants)
Request access and have your card enabled by completing our online form.
The lockers in these showers are not allocated and are available on a first come, first served basis. You can secure these using your own padlock.