Using the Library Copy Print and Scan devices
Advice about completing the standard printing and copying functions using the campus machines located in the Library.
How to add credit to your account
There are two cash loader machines on Level 2 of the Library. These accept notes and coins. To log in, place your Library card on the card reader. Your account balance will display. There is a change machine adjacent to the cash loaders if you need it.
Using online top-up
Alternatively you can top up your account online using your credit card, debit card or PayPal.
Visit ups-topup.bath.ac.uk and log in.
Using the change machine
The cash loader machines will accept notes, but if you wish to add a smaller amount of credit you can use the change machine adjacent to the value loaders.
The machine will change £20, £10 or £5 notes only. The machine will dispense a mixture of £1 and 50p coins.
How to send a file to print from a Library PC
- Please make sure you have sufficient credit on your printing account.
- With your file open, select File and Print in the application you are using.
- Check the printer selected is either: UPS1 or UPS2
- Click the Print button – your file will be sent to the print queue so you can print this document the next time you log into one of the University printers.
Please note: default settings for printing are black and white and double-sided. See the next section for advice on choosing colour print output.
How to print in colour and single sided
- If you require colour or single-sided prints, click on the Printer Properties link directly under the Printer Selection menu.
- On the Page Setup tab, select your desired settings and click OK.
- Click the Print button to send your file.
As most of the copy and print machines in the library only print in black and white, if you are printing in colour, make sure you log into one of the colour printer machines located near the Copy and Print office!
How to log in to the Library printers
When you approach a printer, you will see the login screen which tells you to place your library card on the reader. The card reader is hidden under a sticker that says "Please place your card here".
If you have forgotten your Library card press the “Forgot Card” button on the login screen and enter your University log in details using the touchscreen keyboard. The first time you use a new or replacement library card, you will need to use your University log in to link your card to your online printing account.
The video guide below demonstrates how to log in using your library card.