Workplace Wellbeing Wheel - Change
As human beings, we are good at many things, sometimes managing change isn’t one of them.
In general, we are creatures of habit and take comfort in knowing what to expect. This reality does not always mesh well with a business landscape that continues evolving. Also, when you consider how COVID-19 has flipped our lives upside down over the past several months, it is safe to say that many of us are finding the transformation challenging, as we acknowledge that how we did things six months ago simply does not work today and might not work for the foreseeable future.
The following resources may help you consider changes you are going through and how to manage them.
- Things can change fast and dealing with uncertainty can be stressful. Coping with uncertainty is a short video that explains six strategies to help you manage.
- In an environment where technological disruption, political upheaval and economic uncertainty have become the norm, change happens rapidly and unpredictably. Here are a few tactics to help you maintain a positive mindset.
- During periods of organisational change, the change curve can be a useful guide for understanding emotional responses to the change.
- Following these top tips may help you approach problems effectively and identify appropriate solutions.
- We can feel confident when things are going well but may struggle when things are hard. You can assess your confidence and explore how to build confidence when managing change.
- The Better Managers Manual, Managing the New Normal, offers a practical guide to navigating the impacts of Covid-19 for managers and leaders.