Using the Workplace Wellbeing Wheel to think about our personal wellbeing
The Workplace Wellbeing Wheel is a tool that outlines areas associated with health and wellbeing at work. This time we are focusing on personal wellbeing.
Workplace Wellbeing Wheel - Personal
For many of us, work is a major part of our lives. It is what we spend much of our time on, where we get our income and often where we make our friends. Having a fulfilling job can be good for your mental health and general wellbeing.
We can have times when life gets on top of us – sometimes that's work-related, like deadlines. Sometimes it is related to our personal life, perhaps our health, relationships or challenging circumstances.
Below are a range of things that can support personal wellbeing they include:
- This interactive self study e-learning course provides an Introduction to wellbeing where you can reflect on the skills you need to look after your wellbeing effectively
- When times are tough, it's important to look after our physical and mental wellbeing to help us continue to feel good and stay productive. These handy tips in Maintaining Yourself For Peak Performance will help you keep on the top of your game.
- This infographic on Resilience explains what resilience is and how to develop an action plan to improve your own resilience levels.
- Numerous activities are available to support you when Working from Home.
- Assess your health with this simple questionnaire, which will get you to think about the effects that your current lifestyle may have on your health and wellbeing, and what small steps you could take to improve.
- People who exercise regularly tend to do so because it gives them an enormous sense of wellbeing. They feel more energetic throughout the day, sleep better at night, have sharper memories, and feel more relaxed and positive about themselves and their lives. Get some more ideas on exercise here.