The University of Bath commits to:
1. Carbon emissions reduction
- Being Net Zero Carbon in its Scope 1 and 2 emissions by 2030
- A 50% reduction in its Scope 3 emissions by 2030
- Being Net Zero Carbon in its Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions by 2040
2. Research and innovation
Supporting world-class research activities at the University of Bath, and in wider collaborations, to deliver impactful research and innovation supporting the transition to the net zero carbon economy.
3. Learning and teaching
Developing educational initiatives to build a world class reputation for high quality education on climate-related issues with global reach and scale, for example by:
- providing opportunities for every student to study and work on climate related issues
- delivering programmes with a sustainability agenda
- delivering pedagogically innovative teaching practices to reduce carbon emissions
4. University strategy
Supporting the transition to the net zero carbon economy through the University’s strategy, sub-strategies and its core decision making, and throughout its core values and its commitments.
5. University Governance
Ensuring there is clear leadership and governance for implementation of the Climate Action Framework, with public accountability through transparent disclosure of progress against our principles.
6. University campus emissions reduction and climate change adaptation
Reducing all University campus carbon emissions, in a manner that is consistent with the broader principles of sustainability and in a Just Transition. Understanding and responding to the consequences of climate change adaptation on the campus and the University’s supply chain.
7. Internationalisation strategy
Supporting and encouraging carbon responsible international engagement to ensure sustainable collaborations that meet our strategic internationalisation goals.
8. Carbon management
Improving the data quality relating to the University’s carbon emissions, recognising that this is a strategic tool to understand and systematically reduce its carbon footprint.
9. University finances
Taking the principles of the Climate Action Framework into account in all key funding and investment decisions.
10. University community awareness and action
Supporting behavioural and cultural changes to enable carbon reduction targets through engagement across the University community.
11. University of Bath: local leader and partner
Working with key partners from the local community, industry, public sector bodies and third sector organisations, to support the transition to the net zero carbon economy.