Dr Magdalena England Due Diligence and Compliance Manager
Magdalena is responsible for all due diligence and compliance aspects of research funding applications and awards with external funding bodies.
As your Due Diligence and Compliance Officer, Magdalena is responsible for:
- providing expert advice and support to academics applying for research funding from external sources, where due diligence and compliance checks are required
- reviewing research funding proposals to ensure they meet funder requirements for due diligence checks and compliance regulations
- staying informed of new and emerging compliance issues and practices that impact research funding proposals and awards
- maintaining and reporting on the University's Research Due Diligence Register
- embedding good practice at the University regarding due diligence and compliance
Magdalena is part of the Pre-Award team and works closely with the Pre-Award Development Officers, reviewing awards and identifying additional legal agreements related to due diligence.
Magda worked in the Advancement Office as a Prospect Research Manager at the University of Bath before moving into Research and Innovation Services. Prior to that, she was a doctoral researcher and teaching assistant at the Department of Politics, Languages & International Studies.
Magda has a Master's degree in Politics from the University of Aberdeen and a PhD in Politics from the University of Bath.