We help academics prepare funding proposals and accept and set up research awards.
We are responsible for:
- checking and advising on all research funding applications
- advising academic staff on internal and external funding procedures
- ensuring compliance with funder terms and conditions
- conducting due diligence checks on project funders, collaborators and partners
- training staff on the University's electronic Proposal to Award Management (PAM) system
- checking terms and conditions of funding offers
- formally accepting offers on behalf of the University
- Service Level Agreement for reviewing and submitting research proposals
- Research proposal development and submission process
- Due diligence process for grants with collaborators
- Watch our PAM animation
- Stuart Bennett, Due Diligence and Compliance Officer
- Dr Kellie Brain, Pre-Award Development Officer supports the Department for Health, Education, and Physics
- Emma Dowden, Pre-Award Development Officer supports Psychology, Computer Science, and Politics, Languages and International Studies (PoLIS)
- Caroline Jones, Pre-Award Development Officer supports Biology and Biochemistry, and Chemical Engineering
- Emma Nair, Pre-Award Development Officer supports Chemistry, and Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- Dr Liz Ourmozdi, Pre-Award Development Officer supports Management, Social and Policy Sciences, and Mathematical Sciences
- Fiona Pettengale, Pre-Award Development Officer supports Architecture and Civil Engineering, Pharmacy and Pharmacology, and Economics
- Katy Warr, Pre-Award Development Officer supports Mechanical Engineering
Once awarded, your project will be supported by our Post-Award team. Alongside financial management, they will help with any Stonefish approvals related to recruitment, as well as any No Cost Extensions in your project.
More on the other teams in Research and Innovation Services (RIS) we work with.