Fiona Pettengale Pre-Award Development Officer
Fiona advises academic staff on the preparation of their research proposals and acceptance of research awards.
- Architecture and Civil Engineering
- Pharmacy and Pharmacology
Fiona works Monday-Thursday.
Preparation of Proposals
As your Pre-Award Development Officer, Fiona is responsible for:
- training on using the University's Proposal to Award Management costing system
- advising on compliance with internal and external procedures when applying for funding
- checking all external research funding applications
Most major funders now have electronic submission systems, submitting your proposal via the Pre-Award team. Allow at least five working days for Fiona to check and submit your proposal.
Acceptance of Research Awards
If your proposal is successful, Fiona is responsible for:
- checking terms and conditions of funding offers prior to signature or formal acceptance
- preparing budgets for internal approval