Dr Caroline Codling, Pre-Award Development Officer Pre-Award Development Officer
Caroline advises academic staff on the preparation of their research proposals and acceptance of research awards.
- Biology and Biochemistry
- Chemical Engineering
Preparation of Proposals
As your Pre-Award Development Officer, Caroline is responsible for:
- training on using the University's Proposal to Award Management costing system
- advising on compliance with internal and external procedures when applying for funding
- checking all external research funding applications
Most major funders now have electronic submission systems, which submit your proposal via the Pre-Award team. Allow at least five working days for Caroline to check and submit your proposal.
Acceptance of Research Awards
If your proposal is successful, Caroline is responsible for:
- checking terms and conditions of funding offers prior to signature or formal acceptance
- preparing budgets for internal approval
Prior to joining here Caroline worked at the University of Brighton as a Research Development Officer.
Caroline has a degree and PhD in Microbiology from Cardiff University.