Katy Warr Pre-Award Development Officer
Katy advises academic staff on the preparation of their research proposals and acceptance of research awards.
Katy supports the Department of Mechanical Engineering.
Preparation of Proposals
As your Pre-Award Development Officer, Katy is responsible for:
- training on using the University's Proposal to Award Management costing system
- advising on compliance with internal and external procedures when applying for funding
- checking all external research funding applications
Most major funders now have electronic submission systems, which submit your proposal via the Pre-Award team. Allow at least five working days for Katy to check and submit your proposal.
Acceptance of Research Awards
If your proposal is successful, Katy is responsible for:
- checking terms and conditions of funding offers prior to signature or formal acceptance
- preparing budgets for internal approval