Andrew has had a diverse career, starting as a labourer in the North Sea in 1978 and ending as President of GKN in China.
His previous experience also includes:
- the public sector (NHS)
- factory management (Clarks Shoes)
- industrial relations (BP Chemicals)
- global HR in the aerospace and automotive industries (GKN)
- global leadership and organisation development (GKN)
- a secondment to the Ministry of Defence
Andrew was also:
- Chairman of the Advanced Engineering and Manufacturing CEO Group for the British Chamber in China
- a member of the Board of the China Britain Business Council
He remains an active coach and mentor for a Foreign & Commonwealth Office initiative designed to coach female entrepreneurs in China.
He holds an honorary DBA from the University of Bath School of Management.
- English Literature with Philosophy and Modern Political History, University of Wales Aberystwyth