David’s career began in the consumer goods sector. Amongst others, he worked for Lever Brothers as part of Unilever plc. He worked as a management consultant with PwC, conducting marketing and strategy assignments in a range of industry sectors.
After joining the Zurich Group, David held numerous roles, including:
- various marketing roles including Group Marketing Director for UK, Ireland and South Africa
- various CEO positions across Europe, Asia, Pacific and Middle East, including CEO Global Life Emerging Markets
- CEO, UK Life
- CEO, International Solutions
In 2015, David retired from the role of CEO, Zurich Europe Life.
David is also:
- an Independent Non-Executive Chairman, BlackRock Life
- an Independent Non-Executive Chairman, Zurich UK Pension Trustees
- a consultant working on culture change and CEO development for international businesses