Discussing her role as an Advisory Board member, Baroness Ruby said: "It is a great honour to join the School of Management Advisory Board as the School embarks on an extraordinary and exciting future. Enterprise is my passion and I look forward to supporting the School as it supports and develops the next generations of entrepreneurs."
Ruby held numerous roles at Mitie. She started as the Group Financial Director and became Chief Operating Officer in 2005. She was then Chief Executive for over ten years.
She is one of a small number of women to have held the position of Chief Executive in a FTSE 250 or FTSE 100. She is the first Asian woman to be appointed in such a role within that group of companies.
She has also served as:
- Non-Executive Director of the Department of Education
- Independent Non-Executive Director, Chairman of the Audit Committee and Member of the Nomination and Remuneration Committees, PageGroup plc
- Non-Executive Director, Department for Culture, Media and Sport
- Business Ambassador for the UK, UK Trade and Investment
- Chair of the Public Services Strategy Board and Member of the Presidents Committee, CBI
- Member of the Board of Trustee Directors, Business in the Community
- Chair, Women’s Business Council
- Economics, Kingston University
- Qualified accountant, BDO Stoy Hayward