Board of Studies (Doctoral)
We make decisions on the progression of doctoral studentships on the recommendation of Boards of Examiners.
We are responsible to Senate for organising academic matters for doctoral study. This includes selecting candidates and the confirmation, progression and examination of doctoral students.
You can read the full responsibilities of the committee in the terms of reference
- Professor Joe Devine, (Chair), Associate Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Doctoral), ex-officio
- Dr Rachel Arnold, (Vice-Chair), Academic Director (Doctoral), ex officio
- Dr Nigel Johnston, Faculty Director of Doctoral Studies (Engineering & Design), ex officio
- Professor Chris Martin, Faculty Director of Doctoral Studies (Humanities & Social Sciences), ex officio
- Dr Richard James, Faculty Director of Doctoral Studies (Science), ex officio
- Professor Edmund Thompson, School Director of Doctoral Studies (School of Management), ex officio
- Ms Jura Neverauskaite, SU Postgraduate Officer, ex-officio