Board of Studies (Doctoral)
We make decisions on the progression of doctoral studentships on the recommendation of Boards of Examiners.
We are responsible to Senate for organising academic matters for doctoral study. This includes selecting candidates and the confirmation, progression and examination of doctoral students.
You can read the full responsibilities of the committee in the terms of reference
- Professor Cathryn Mitchell, (interim Chair), Academic Director of the Doctoral College, ex-officio
- Mr Siddharth Singh, SU Postgraduate Officer, ex-officio
- Dr Nigel Johnston, Faculty Director of Doctoral Studies (Engineering & Design), ex officio
- Professor Chris Martin, Faculty Director of Doctoral Studies (Humanities & Social Sciences), ex officio
- Professor Ian Eggleston, Faculty Director of Doctoral Studies (Science), ex officio
- Professor Edmund Thompson, School Director of Doctoral Studies (School of Management), ex officio