Board of Studies (Doctoral)
We make decisions on the progression of doctoral studentships on the recommendation of Boards of Examiners.
We are responsible to Senate for organising academic matters for doctoral study. This includes selecting candidates and the confirmation, progression and examination of doctoral students.
You can read the full responsibilities of the committee in the terms of reference.
- Professor J Bradshaw (Chair), Pro-Vice-Chancellor (International & Doctoral), term of office ex-officio
- Professor J Knight, Vice-Chair, Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Research), term of office ex-officio
- Professor C Mitchell, Academic Director of the Doctoral College
- Ms J Zhou, SU Postgraduate Officer, term of office ex-officio
- Associate Dean (Research) from each faculty and school, term of office ex-officio
- Faculty/School Directors of Doctoral Studies, term of office ex-officio
- Mr S Gane, Head of Doctoral Recruitment and Programmes, term of office ex-officio
- Dr C McMurrayDoctoral Quality Framework Officer, term of office ex-officio
Other University officers will attend meetings of the committee either on a routine basis or in respect of relevant items of the University business.