Business Partnerships and Knowledge Exchange
We help academic staff build relationships with business partners, apply for funding and manage projects in support of internal and external strategies.
Our responsibilities include:
- helping our researchers to identify ways to connect with business
- facilitating new relationships with business and inter-disciplinary research collaborators
- securing public grant and private investment for company-led R&D and innovation to support and accelerate business growth
- supporting the development, implementation, evaluation, and delivery of the University's Knowledge Exchange strategy
- providing a process of continuous improvement in KE at the University, in line with our approach to the Knowledge Exchange Concordat and the Knowledge Exchange Framework (KEF)
- assessing funding applications for business-linked research and help to build a winning bid
- supporting the development of scalable business interactions with research groups and individuals
Business Partnership Managers
Our BPMs provide advice and guidance to academics on business-led research:
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs)
Connecting you to enterprise and innovation
We can also connect you with the Technology Transfer team, who assist with invention protection and development, and licensing, as well as the Enterprise and Regional Development team and world-class SetSquared Bath Innovation Centre, who support high-growth businesses and the entrepreneurs, innovators and researchers who create them.