Council Effectiveness Review Steering Group
The Steering Group considers how the University's Council and its committees should carry out the recommendations of the Halpin Review.
The Council Effectiveness Review Steering Group has been set up by the University Council to:
- consider the recommendations of the Halpin Review of Council Effectiveness and related governance issues
- review representations from the University community
- investigate practices at other institutions, and consider options and practical implications
- make recommendations to Council for actions to be taken
- oversee the implementation of actions agreed by Council and report back to Council on any concerns arising
The Steering Group is not a decision-making body but will report back on its discussions and recommendations to Council. Council, as the University’s governing body, will make the final decisions.
- Ruth Foreman, Chair
- Christine Gibbons, lay member and member of Audit Committee
- John Preston, lay member and University Treasurer
- Dr Jane White, ex officio as elected Chair of Academic Assembly (from August)
- Mesar Hameed, staff member elected to Council who is not a member of Academic Assembly (from August)
- Eve Alcock, SU President for 2018/19
- Angela Pater, Secretary