Courses and Partnerships Approval Committee
We review proposals for new or changed programmes, collaborative arrangements, student exchange arrangements and professional accreditations.
We are responsible to Senate for the detailed scrutiny of full proposals for new courses, collaborative arrangements, student exchange arrangements, professional accreditations, and major changes to programmes, excluding withdrawals.
You can read the full responsibilities of the committee in the terms of reference.
Terms of office expire on 31 July in the year stated.
- Professor Bruce Rayton (Chair), appointed by Senate, term of office 2019
- Dr Florin Bisset, Head of Learning Partnerships, term of office ex-officio
- Professor Tim Mays, Director of Studies/Director of Teaching from the Faculty of Engineering and Design nominated by the Dean of Engineering and Design, term of office 2020
- Dr Matteo de Tina Director of Studies/Director of Teaching from the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences nominated by the Dean of Humanities and Social Sciences, term of office 2020
- Dr Simon Shaw (alternate: tbc ), Director of Studies/Director of Teaching from the Faculty of Science nominated by the Dean of Science, term of office 2021
- Dr Peter Nuttall (alternate: Dr Richard Kamm) Director of Studies/Director of Teaching from the School of Management nominated by the Dean of the School of Management, term of office 2020
- Mr Jacob Withington, Students' Union Officer nominated by the Students' Union, term of office 2022
- Mrs Kate Norris, Assistant Registrar, Academic Registry
- External and internal persons with relevant expertise to advise the committee
- Members of academic staff to present proposals to the committee
- Secretary Imogen Le Patourel
On particular items, subject to the approval of the Chair