Excellence in Doctoral Supervision Prize Committee
The committee that considers nominations for Excellence in Doctoral Supervision Prize.
The Doctoral College manages the operations of the Prize (e.g. publicity, nominations and Prize administration) and the Committee is responsible for reviewing nominations making an Award on behalf of Senate.
Unsuccessful candidates may be nominated for Awards in subsequent years.
Awards are presented as part of the Doctoral Celebration activities taking place in June each year.
Appointment of Chair of the Committee
The Chair of the Committee is the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Research).
Membership of the Committee will consist of the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Research), one senior academic representative from the Faculty/School, at least one past award winner, the Associate Pro-Vice-Chancellor Research (Doctoral) and the SU Postgraduate Officer.
- Professor Sarah Ainsworth, Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Research), Chair, term of office 2023
- Professor Joe Devine, Associate Pro-Vice-Chancellor Research (Doctoral), term of office 2023
- Professor Deborah Wilson, Dean (Humanities and Social Sciences), term of office 2023
- Professor Tim Ibell, Dean (Engineering & Design), term of office 2023
- Professor Matthew Jones, Deputy Dean (Science), term of office 2023
- Professor Steve Brammer, Dean (Management), term of office 2022
- Dr Andrew Johnson, previous prize winner, term of office 2023
- Jura Neverauskaite, SU Postgraduate Officer, term of office 2023