Health and Safety Committee
We oversee the University's health and safety management system.
We ensure the University has a suitable and sufficient health and safety management system to protect people who might be affected by the University's activities. This includes:
- monitoring health, safety and wellbeing performance
- considering and taking appropriate action on reports from staff representatives
- approving health and safety policies, standards and guidance when they don't require the approval of the Executive Committee
We report to the University’s Executive Committee.
You can find out the full responsibilities of the committee in the terms of reference.
The terms of office expire on 31 July in the year stated.
- Mr Richard Brooks (Chair), Director of Human Resources, term of office ex-officio
- Mr Dev Biddlecombe, Director of Campus Infrastructure, term of office ex-officio
- Mr Chris Young, Deputy Director Safety & Wellbeing Services, term of office ex-officio
- Mr Malcolm Holley, Faculty of Science, Management Representative, term of office ex-officio
- Mr Mike Porter, Head of Security Services, term of office ex-officio
- Miss Sophie Hamer, Sports Operations Manager, Sports Development and Recreation, term of office ex-officio
- Mr Julian Sulley, Faculty of Engineering and Design, Management Representative, term of office ex-officio
- Mr Andrew Nash, Head of Campus Services Facilities, term of office ex-officio
Elected Trade Union Safety Representatives
Elected Staff Representatives
- Vacancy, Operational and Facilities Support, term of office 2024
- Vacancy, Technical and Experimental, term of office 2024
- Vacancy, Management, Specialist and Administration, term of office 2024
- Dr Richard Ball, Education and Research, term of office 2024
- Miss Elizabeth Stacey, SU Officer, term of office 2023
One or more other members of the Safety, Health and Employment Wellbeing Service will attend the Committee's meetings as appropriate.