Honorary Degrees Committee
We make recommendations to Senate and Council on awarding Honorary Degrees and other awards.
The Committee makes recommendations to Senate for individuals worthy of receiving an honorary degree and the appropriate degree for each person. The Committee also makes recommendations to Senate for the award of the Chancellor's Medal.
Find out how to submit a nomination:
Read the full responsibilities of the Committee in the terms of reference.
Find out about our meeting dates.
- Professor Ian White, Vice-Chancellor & President (Chair), term of office ex-officio
- Mrs Christine Gibbons, Member of Council appointed by Council, term of office 2022
- Mrs Charlotte Moar, Member of Council appointed by Council, term of office 2022
- Professor James Davenport, Member of Senate elected by Senate, term of office 2023
- Dr Rob Branston, Member of Senate elected by Senate, term of office 2024
- Professor Tim Ibell, Member of Academic Staff elected by Senate, term of office 2024
- Professor Lorraine Whitmarsh, Member of Academic Staff elected by Senate, term of office 2023
- Mr Jacob Withington, Students' Union Officer appointed by Nominations Committee, term of office 2022
- Mr Imroze Sahota, Member of Professional Services Staff appointed by the Vice-Chancellor, term of office 2023
Terms of office expire on 31 July in the year stated.