Honorary Degrees Committee
We make recommendations to Senate on awarding Honorary Degrees.
We make recommendations of persons we believe are worthy of receiving an honorary degree and suggest the appropriate degree for each such person. These recommendations are approved by Senate.
You can read the full responsibilities of the committee in the terms of reference.
Find out about our meeting dates.
Terms of office expire on 31 July in the year stated.
- Professor I White, Vice-Chancellor & President (Chair), term of office ex-officio
- Mrs C Gibbons, Member of Council appointed by Council, term of office 2022
- Mrs C Moar, Member of Council appointed by Council, term of office 2022
- Professor J Davenport, Member of Senate elected by Senate, term of office 2023
- Dr R Branston, Member of Senate elected by Senate, term of office 2024
- Professor T Ibell, Member of Academic Staff elected by Senate, term of office 2024
- Professor L Whitmarsh, Member of Academic Staff elected by Senate, term of office 2023
- Mr J Withington, Students' Union Officer appointed by Nominations Committee, term of office 2022
- Mr I Sahota, Member of Professional Services Staff appointed by the Vice-Chancellor, term of office 2023
- Mrs M Southwood, Deputy Director and Head of Alumni Engagement