Responsible for leading the University’s Research and Innovations Services, helping position the University for future success in a competitive environment.
Research and Innovation Services (RIS) Management
We are the management team for Research and Innovation Services (RIS), providing strategic direction and leadership for the Department.
We provide strategic direction and leadership for a range of services for:
- supporting academic staff to secure grant funding and realise their research ambitions
- helping academics prepare funding proposals and accept and set up research awards
- setting up and supporting contracts between academics and external organisations
- offering professional project management support to academic staff
- managing financial administration for current research projects
- helping academic staff build relationships with industry partners
- working with academic staff and industry to commercialise our research
- managing the University’s research information
- supporting potential high-growth businesses and the entrepreneurs, innovators and researchers who create them
- managing the Department's marketing communications and events delivery to both internal and external audiences
Providing assistance to the Director of Research and Innovation Services and the department.
Responsible for assisting the RIS Director and senior management in the operational delivery of the department and continuous improvement of service provision.
Responsible for developing, implementing, and delivering the University’s Knowledge Exchange (KE) strategy to maximise KE income and performance.
Phil is responsible for overseeing the commercialisation of research outcomes for the University and industry collaborators.
Overseeing support for developing research grants, and working in partnership with academic research leads to maximise research funding success.
Responsible for overseeing project management support for externally funded research projects and the Post-Award financial administration.
Responsible for overseeing support for research funding applications and awards, and for making sure they meet funder and University requirements.
Responsible for making sure information about the University's research is accurate, accessible and effectively used.
Responsibility for overseeing the Research and Commercialisation Contracts team and leading complex legal and contractual negotiations when required.
Responsible for leading the University’s initiatives and strategies for regional economic development and regeneration.
Fi manages the marketing and communications for Research and Innovation Services and for University of Bath Enterprise.
Responsible for delivering RIS events internally, for our academic community, and externally, for our strategic partnerships, and the associated communications.