Research Data Storage Group
We recommend strategies for meeting the University's complex data storage needs through the options of on-campus, off-campus and cloud-based storage.
The Group ensures the University has excellent research data storage solutions that can meet future data lifecycle requirement.
Our current work is focused on delivering cost-effective cloud storage solutions and ensuring compliance with new data privacy and security rules.
This group report to the Research Computing Board.
- Dr Stijn Wuyts (Chair and academic lead), Department of Physics
- Professor Adele Murrell, Representative from the Faculty of Science
- Dr Corwin Wright, Representative from the Faculty of Engineering & Design
- Dr Esther Walton, Representative from the Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences
- Professor Fotios Petropoulos, Representative from the School of Management
- Dr Roger Jardine, Director of Research Computing, DDaT
- Martin MacLaren, Servers & Storage Manager, DDaT
- Alice Motes, Senior Data Librarian, Library
- Jon Elmes, Communications & Collaboration Manager, DDaT
- Mark Acres, Chief Information Security Officer, DDaT
- Gavin Edward, Chief Data Officer, DDaT
- Sanne Terry (Secretary), Communications and Engagement Manager, Research Computing