Responsible for managing the Research and Governance Team to enable good quality research that is ethical and compliant with regulatory frameworks.
Research Governance and Compliance
Supporting researchers, staff and students, to deliver high quality research underpinned by good governance, integrity and ethical approaches.
This team is responsible for facilitating and enabling excellent and ethical research through:
- management of Institution-wide ethical review processes purposely designed to facilitiate and enable research with due regard for the dignity, rights, health, safety, and privacy of those involved
- development and delivery of training to all researchers (staff and students) across the university in governance, ethics, and integrity matters
- expert-level support to researchers with a focus on military and “dual use” export controls
- strategic oversight of research governance policies and processes
- monitoring compliance with relevant frameworks to ensure that research carried out at our University is ethical, lawful, and of the highest standards of integrity and rigour
- supporting investigations into alleged research misconduct
Responsible for developing training, providing advice and engaging with researchers to ensure that appropriate research ethics standards are embedded.
Responsible for the development and implementation of university strategy and policy falling under the broad spectrum of “Trusted Research”.
Responsible for developing research case studies and providing project support.