Research Staff Working Group
The Research Staff Working Group (RSWG) represents research staff and seeks to improve the working environment and career management of researchers
The RSWG represents staff by:
- promoting implementation of the Code of Practice for the Employment of Research Staff and the Concordat to Support the Career Development of Research Staff
- providing a forum in which issues raised by Research Staff can be discussed
- providing a forum through which the University can consult research staff on matters affecting them
- identifying issues arising from the Culture, Employment and Development in Academic Research Survey (CEDARS) and other consultations
- reporting on its activities to the University Research and Knowledge Exchange Committee
The RSWG also manages the Implementation of the Universities HR Excellence in Research Award strategy.
The RSWG was first set up in October 2004 as a response to the 2003 CROS.
Membership of the Research Staff Working Group
- Dr Petra Cameron Senior Lecturer (Chair)
- Dr Emily Carey Research Associate (Co-Chair)
- Dr Amy Birch Research Development Manager (Secretary)
- Dr Anne Cameron Researcher Career Development Adviser
- Dr Joanne Hinds Research Associate
- Dr Simon Roberts Research Associate
- Dr Daniel Maskell Lecturer
- Dr Ryan Sharpe Research Associate
We are currently recruiting for new members of the RSWG. If you would like to learn more about this role, contact Dr Amy Birch.