Research Staff Working Group
The Research Staff Working Group (RSWG) represents research staff and seeks to improve the working environment and career management of researchers.
The RSWG represents staff by:
- promoting implementation of the Code of Practice for the Employment of Research Staff and the Concordat to Support the Career Development of Research Staff
- providing a forum in which issues raised by Research Staff can be discussed
- providing a forum through which the University can consult research staff on matters affecting them
- identifying issues arising from the Culture, Employment and Development in Academic Research Survey (CEDARS)
- reporting on its activities to the University Research and Knowledge Exchange Committee
The RSWG also manages the Implementation of the Universities HR Excellence in Research Award strategy.
The RSWG was first set up in 2004 as a response to the 2003 Careers in Research Online Survey (CROS).
Membership of the Research Staff Working Group
- Dr Britta Matthes Research Associate, Health (Co-Chair)
- Dr Alexandre Stauffer Reader, Mathematical Sciences (Chair)
- Dr Anne Cameron Researcher Career Development Adviser (interim Secretary)
- Dr Yang Chen Research Associate, Mechanical Engineering
- Dr Liliana Macotela Cruz Research Fellow, Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- Dr Ana Levordashka Research Associate, Psychology
- Dr Davide Marchi Research Associate, Biology and Biochemistry
- Dr Sam Neale Research Associate, Chemistry
- Dr Lorena Skevi Research Associate, Architecture and Civil Engineering
- Dr Logan Wade Research Associate, Health