At a glance
We have 15,155 students enrolled, over 25% come from outside the UK, representing over 100 nationalities.
- 10,810 undergraduates
- 4,345 postgraduates
- 54% male students
- 46% female students
Student numbers are based on 2013/14 Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) data.
- We have a 93% completion rate for undergraduates, one of the highest in the UK.*
- 93% of our students say they were satisfied with their course.**
- Our Students' Union is ranked in the top three by the National Union of Students.
*Based on 2012/13 HESA data
**Based on the 2014 National Student Survey
Placements and employment
- We run one of the most well-established placement schemes in the UK.
- 86% of our employed UK full-time first degree graduates moved into top-level jobs compared to 66% of employed graduates nationally.*
- Up to 400 employers visit the University each year.
*Student earnings and students in employment data from HESA Destinations of Leavers from HE 2012/13.
- Our research grants and contracts portfolio is worth around £100 million.
- In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF), 32% of the submitted research activity achieved the highest possible classification of 4*, defined as world-leading in terms of originality, significance and rigour.
- Our innovative research into child poverty and support for vulnerable people won a prestigious Queen's Anniversary Prize in 2011.
- In 2012 we began a three-year campus investment programme to build new teaching and residential space, and a £10 million building for arts and management called the Edge.
- Our library is open 24 hours a day, every day and has more than 500 PC and laptop docking points.
- 27,000 electronic books and 19,000 journals are available in the library.
- Our sports operation is branded Team Bath and has one of the best sports facilities in the UK.
- We hosted a number of teams and individuals in the lead-up to the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- We have over 100,000 alumni from over 150 countries around the world.
- In 2013/14 over 4,000 alumni and friends made donations.
- One of our earliest graduates, Roger Whorrod, and his wife Sue, have become our first £1m donors.