At a glance
We have 15,137 students enrolled, over 25% come from outside the UK, representing over 100 nationalities.
- 10,563 undergraduates
- 4,574 postgraduates
- 54% male students
- 46% female students
Student numbers are based on 2011/12 Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) data.
- we have a 93% completion rate for undergraduates, one of the highest in the UK*
- 93% of our students say they were satisfied with their course**
- our Students' Union is ranked in the top three by the National Union of Students.
*Based on 2009/10 HESA data
**Based on the 2014 National Student Survey
Placements and employment
- we run one of the most well-established placement schemes in the UK
- 88% of our 2011 graduates went straight into employment or further study
- 83% of our employed graduates move into top-level jobs compared with 63% nationally
- we have links with over 7,000 employers.
Student earnings and students in employment data from HESA Destinations of Leavers from HE 2010/11.
- our research grants and contracts portfolio is worth around £100 million
- in the Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) 2008 two-thirds of our subjects were ranked in the top ten for research
- our innovative research into child poverty and support for vulnerable people won a prestigious Queen's Anniversary Prize in 2011.
- in 2012 we began a three-year campus investment programme to build new teaching and residential space, and a £10 million Centre for the Arts
- our library is open 24 hours a day, every day and has more than 500 PC and laptop docking points
- 27,000 electronic books and 19,000 journals are available in the library.
- our sports operation is branded Team Bath and has one of the best sports facilities in the UK
- we hosted a number of teams and individuals in the lead-up to the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- we have over 87,000 alumni from 154 countries around the world
- in 2010/11 over 2,000 alumni and friends made donations
- one of our earliest graduates, Roger Whorrod, and his wife Sue, have become our first £1m donors.