National Student Survey
University of Bath students continue to be amongst the most satisfied in the UK according to the results of the 2016 National Student Survey (NSS), published on 10 August 2016.
The overall satisfaction rate for University of Bath students is 90% - four points above the UK national average of 86% for higher education institutions.
Highlights of the NSS 2016 results
Three of our departments scored 95% or higher:
11 of our courses scored 100%:
- BEng (Hons) Electrical Power Engineering
- BSc (Hons) International Management and Modern Languages (German) with year abroad
- BSc (Hons) International Management and Modern Languages (Spanish) with year abroad
- BSc (Hons) Biochemistry
- BSc (Hons) Chemistry
- BSc (Hons) Physics
- Foundation Degree in Addictions Counselling
- MChem with year-long work placement
- MEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering with Advanced Design and Innovation with year-long work placement
- MEng Civil Engineering
About the NSS
About 312,000 final-year students responded to the 2016 NSS from 155 HEIs, 190 further education colleges (FECs) and 13 alternative HE providers across the UK. This represents a response rate of 72%.
The results of the national survey provide valuable information for prospective students, and help universities, colleges and students' unions to further improve the education and services they provide.