IT training courses
Microsoft Office 2010 & Windows 7
Just got your new Office 2010 & Windows 7 PC? - Try these upgrade from Office 2003 & Windows XP courses.
Already using Office 2010 & Windows 7 and want to learn new skills? - try one of our new skills courses.
Want to teach yourself by using our many self service training materials.
We are currently running training sessions in the use of Thunderbird (the Universitys preferred email client)
Self Paced Learning Courses(Office 2010)
Self paced learning courses are available in:
General Computing Courses
- Computing for beginners
- Learn to type
- Graphics using Corel Photopaint
- Desktop publishing using Microsoft Publisher
- Oracle Calendar
- E-mail using Thunderbird
Webpage Content and Creation
- Creating Web Pages Using Content Management (CMS),Wikis or Dreamweaver
- Wiki Training
- Writing for the web A guide to writing useful, understandable content
University Specific Software
- Business Objects
- pFact - Help and Guidance on this software is provided through the Research Support Unit
Moodle, NVivo, SPSS, MindGenius, PDF Fusion, ITIL
- MindGenius Training is available through BUCS IT Training
- PDF Fusion Training is available through BUCS IT Training
- Moodle Training is offered through the LTEO
- NVivo - Training is provided for Research Postgraduates from the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences through the PG Skills programme
- SPSS Training : this has previously been offered through RDU although they currently do not have any courses scheduled.
- ITIL - Currently this course is only available to staff from Computing Services
- Microsoft Project training is available through BUCS IT Training
- PRINCE2 Foundation - Coming Soon
- PRINCE2 Practioner - Coming Soon
- APM Project Management - Coming Soon
ECDL Accredited Training
The European Computer Driving Licence is an internationally recognised IT qualification. Employers perceive it as proof of ability and competence when working with IT.
ECDL Extra covers the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications, allowing students to gain a good working knowledge of these programmes.
The University is currently undertaking a pilot programme with a representative group of staff working to gain the qualification.
If you are interested in obtaining an IT accredited qualification and would like further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following files are for use by participants in the pilot sessions.
Who can attend?
- University of Bath staff
- Postgraduate students from the University of Bath can attend for a fee of £5.00 per one and a half hour session.
Please Note: These training courses are not available to members of the general public or external organisations.
Levels of training available?
- Level 1 These are the easiest and are suitable for beginners
- Level 2 These are the intermediate levels sutable for those who already have the basic skills
- Level 3:These are advanced level courses
How do I book on a course?
To book on a course, please email email@example.com or telephone extension 6257.