|Owning Department/School:||Department of Education|
|Level:||Masters UG & PG (FHEQ level 7)|
Modular (no specific semester)|
|Assessment Summary:||CW 100%|
|Assessment Detail:|| |
Like-for-like reassessment (where allowed by programme regulations)|
* to provide an overview of key concepts and issues connected with managing educational innovation in diverse contexts;
* to explore selected areas of practice in managing educational innovation with reference to research, theory and professional experience;
* to foster students' critical reflection on the effectiveness and improvement of practice in managing educational innovation within their experience.
By the end of this unit, students will be able to:
* demonstrate understanding informed by research and theory and professional experience of the nature, scope and limits of practice in managing educational innovation within the wider policy context;
* analyse critically prescriptions for practice in managing educational innovation and assess their applicability to individuals' professional context;
* apply this understanding and critical analysis in reviewing the practice of managing innovation in their professional context and considering how it may be improved.
1. Make critical use of the literature of the field of Education (T/F/A).
2. Make critical use of professional experience in the field of Education (T/F/A).
4. Analyse, interpret and critique findings and arguments (T/F/A).
6. Draw appropriate conclusions from and education research study, taking account of its strengths and limitations (T/F/A).
9. Demonstrate self-direction and originality in tackling and solving problems (T/F/).
10. Evaluate research and variety of types of information and evidence critically, also making informed judgements in the absence of complete data (T/F/A)
11. Initiate change in practice appropriately (T/A).
12. Contribute to professional debate in the field of education (F).
13. Act autonomously in planning and implementing tasks at a professional level (F).
14. Communicate their conclusions clearly to specialist and non-specialist audiences (T/F).
15. Evaluate their own academic and professional performance (T/F/A).
16. Manage change effectively and respond to changing demands (T/F/A).
17. Manage time, prioritise workloads and recognise and manage personal emotions and stress (T/F/A).
18. Develop new or higher level skill, for example in information technology (T/A).
To achieve the aims stated above, students will be supported in learning how critically to engage with relevant literature and to use it to inform the evaluatory analysis of their own experience of managing educational innovation. It is anticipated that topics will include:
* perspectives on managing educational innovation
* managing educational innovation in context
* managing single innovations
* managing multiple innovations
* planning for change
* building the capacity for managing change
* managing complex educational change
* evaluating prescriptions for managing educational innovation.
ED50318 is Compulsory on the following programmes:Department of Education
ED50318 is Optional on the following programmes:Department of Education