|Owning Department/School:||Department of Computer Science|
|Credits:||6 [equivalent to 12 CATS credits]|
|Notional Study Hours:||120|
|Level:||Intermediate (FHEQ level 5)|
|Assessment Summary:||CW 30%, EX 70%|
|Assessment Detail:|| |
|Requisites:||Before taking this module you must ( take CM10197 AND take CM10227 AND take CM10228 ) OR ( take MA10210 AND take CM10227 AND take CM10228 ) OR ( take XX10199 AND take EE10134 ) OR ( take EE10214 AND take EE10134 )|
To provide the mathematical and computational foundations for Computer Graphics and Computer Vision.
To introduce forward processing (e.g., modelling, animation, rendering) as well as inverse processing (e.g., registration, reconstruction, recognition) in the context of Visual Computing.
To provide skills in modelling and manipulation of images and computer graphic objects.
1. Model and manipulate graphical objects to generate images
2. Process images to extract useful information
3. Select appropriate techniques for modelling and image processing tasks
Problem Solving (T/F, A), Application of Number (T/F, A).
Geometry and 3D Modelling
* Rigid Body Transforms in 2D/3D, Affine/Projective Transforms, Surface Modelling, Parametric Curves, Piecewise Modelling and Continuity, Simple Rendering.
Image Processing and Low-Level Vision
* Image Formation, Linear Filtering, Gradients, Scale, Image Features, Correlation, Matching, Image Warping, Sampling and Aliasing,
Mathematical methods for Visual Computing
* Linear and Projective Transforms, Convolution, Fourier Transforms, Nyquist Theorem.
CM20219 is Compulsory on the following programmes:Department of Computer Science
CM20219 is Optional on the following programmes:Department of Computer Science