Our research relates to:
- the experience of death and bereavement
- practice and policy concerning the dying, the dead, and the bereaved
- how end-of-life practices require yet can foster community development
- relationships between the living and the dead
- influences of economics, politics, inequality, social networks, technology and culture.
We are involved with a number of current projects.
View a showcase film about the Centre for Death & Society, featuring Dr John Troyer and Dr Kate Woodthorpe.