MASH (Mathematics and Statistics Help)
We provide an institutional mathematics resources centre offering help with maths and statistics to all our students and staff.
We provide a range of facilties for students including:
- drop-in help for individuals with any mathematics or statistics problem in the base room 1 West 3.7
- revision sessions
- workshops to prepare students for numerical assessment tests
- The Statistics Advisory Service - one to one sessions for help with statistics problems
- a variety of online resources
- MASH Cafe - a collaboration with the Students' Union providing opportunities to develop problem solving skills through playing strategy games.
We also provide a tutor supported module within Moodle for pre-sessional support of vocational entry qualification students together with outreach activities. The outreach activities take the form of STEP support for local year 13 students, who are unable to access this support in their schools.
Additionally, we provide support to colleagues on accessibility issues in mathematics.
MASH is part of a national network of mathematics support centres and hosts an annual meeting.
We are always interested in developing collaborative activities with departmental colleagues so please contact us with your ideas and queries.