Learn another language
The Foreign Languages Centre offers courses to undergraduates of any discipline.
- courses are free of charge
- languages included currently include French, German, Greek, Russian, Spanish, Japanese and Mandarin Chinese.
- levels range from beginners to advanced.
You can study abroad as part of several different degree programmes, not just language degrees.
Why study abroad?
- increase your opportunities of employment in multinational companies
- attend partner universities in other countries
- learn another language
- expand your horizons and experience another culture
These take place under the LLP-Erasmus Programme. Grants to help fund your studies in other European countries may be available from Erasmus.
We fully support the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) and have the same credit system in operation for our programmes. This means your qualifications will be understood both here and in other European countries.
We also have exchange agreements with partner institutions in Argentina, Australia, Canada, Chile, Hong Kong, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore, the United States of America and Uruguay.
Competition for places at some partner institutions can be very intense and we cannot guarantee that a period of study abroad will be available.
Look at the details of a programme to find out if it offers an opportunity to study abroad.