We are delighted to announce an Open Call for ESRC IAA Impact Development Awards. Academic staff are invited to apply for projects of up to £10k or £20k (£100k available in total), for projects that support, develop and foster strategic partnerships for Knowledge Exchange and impact in the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) remit.
Projects must build on research funded by ESRC, or research within the ESRC remit, and demonstrate a clear plan for how the impact will be achieved and evidenced.
Types of activity
The ESRC IAA Open Call can be used to support the following activities:
- Knowledge Exchange events with non-academic stakeholders
- the exchange of people, e.g., staff secondments
- collaborative activities such as workshops, training programmes, or exhibitions
- activities to inform policy or to engage policymakers
- activities to improve or strengthen research-user engagement
- Proof of Concept, marketing, and commercialisation activities
- The creation of resources to engage stakeholders with research
Applicants are invited to attend one of our drop-in sessions in January to discuss your idea or ask any questions. Otherwise get in touch with the IAA team to arrange an alternative meeting time.
This is a competitive award scheme. Applications will be assessed against the criteria by a panel of academics and members of Professional Services working in the KE and Impact remit. The applications will be anonymised, with names removed, to minimise the potential for unconscious bias. Feedback will be provided to unsuccessful applicants.
ESRC IAA Flexi Fund – rolling award (no deadline)
ESRC IAA flexi-funds (up to £3k, rolling deadline while funds last) are still available for early-stage relationship-building and idea development. The funding enables researchers to react swiftly to new opportunities to engage with partners for knowledge exchange activities, to conduct feasibility projects or test out new ideas with partners through workshops and other events. Please contact the ESRC IAA team for further information about the ESRC IAA Flexi Fund and to discuss your idea: email@example.com.
For further details and to apply to the ESRC IAA Open Call:
- Download the application pack
- Sign up to attend one of the drop-in sessions on Monday 15 January 2024, 3pm-4.30pm, or Wednesday 24 January 2024, 12pm-1:30pm, or contact the ESRC IAA team to discuss your idea if you can’t make those times: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit your application by the deadline of 4pm on Tuesday 20 February 2024 to the IAA mailbox: email@example.com