Today is World Access to Higher Education Day, a global day of action to raise awareness around inequalities in access and success in higher education.
To mark the day, the Sanctuary at Bath team are hosting a discussion and talk with doctoral researcher, Isabelle Schäfer on the role(s) UK universities can play in the integration of refugee and asylum seeker students. Grab your ticket now and join us at 4.15pm this afternoon.
We have also revamped our Sanctuary at Bath webpage, which highlights the support that we offer to refugees and asylum seekers through our Sanctuary at Bath work, such as scholarships, bursaries and e-learning.
Recently added highlights include:
- Financial support for Refugees - If you, or someone you know, is applying for University and have refugee, asylum seeker, Humanitarian Protection or Discretionary Leave to Remain status, there is information about financial and other support here.
- Bath University Student Theatre and STAR raising funds for the Sanctuary Scholarship - Buy tickets for Bath University Student Theatre's production 'When We Are Married' on 18-19 November and help raise funds for the Sanctuary Scholarship.
- Doctoral Sanctuary Studentship in Engineering and Design - Find out about the annual studentship for candidates who hold Refugee, Humanitarian Protection, or Asylum Seeker status in the UK and check if you are eligible.
- Mohammad's Sanctuary Scholarship Journey - In this video series, Bath Alumnus, Mohammad, talks about his experiences of studying at Bath, and how his Sanctuary Scholarship helped him achieve his goals.
- Speak to students with forced migration experiences 1:1 - Find out more about our e-mentoring service, coming soon, which matches students with refugee or asylum-seeking experience currently studying at Bath with those seeking advice and support.
- Washing Machine Project heads to Uganda - University of Bath student charity spin-out ‘The Washing Machine Project’ is delivering its pioneering Divya hand-cranked machines in Africa.
Check out the new page now and please share with anyone who may find this information useful.