Nominations are invited for four vacancies for staff representatives to serve on both of the following Committees from 1 August 2021 until 31 July 2024:
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Health and Safety Committee
For each committee there is one vacancy for a staff representative to be elected from each job family:
- Education and Research
- Management, Specialist and Administration
- Technical and Experimental
- Operational and Facilities Support
The current post-holders are eligible for re-election.
Please use these forms for your nominations:
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee staff representative
- Health and Safety Committee staff representative
Alternatively electronic nominations will be accepted
and shall consist of:
- emails from the proposer and seconder (the nominee, the proposer and the seconder must all be members of the same job family) confirming their nominee; and
- an email from the candidate declaring their willingness to serve if elected plus a statement in support of up to 150 words confirming why they are interested in joining the Committee.
Deadline for receipt of nominations: Wednesday 19 May 2021 at noon to Caroline Harris, Department of Policy, Planning & Compliance email@example.com
An election will be held if more than one nomination is received otherwise the person nominated will be elected unopposed.
If you would like to talk further about your interests: Contact Dr Caroline Harris or via Teams – Tuesday to Thursday for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee or Ms Sue Stove or via Teams for Health and Safety Committee.
We aim to be an inclusive university, where difference is celebrated, respected and encouraged and where equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. The Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee is responsible to Council and Senate for the promotion of ED&I strategy. It engages with a wide range of equality and diversity issues affecting both staff and students. Its role is to raise awareness of equality and diversity issues, set ED&I priorities for the University and to develop, evaluate and review University policies procedures and action plans relating to equality and diversity. The Committee meets five times a year (usually Thursday afternoons); the dates for 2021/22 are 30 September, 4 November, 10 February, 28 April and 9 June.
The Health & Safety Committee reports to the University Executive Board. Its role is to be assured that a suitable and sufficient health and safety management system is in place for the protection and prevention of all those who may be affected by the University's activities. This includes monitoring performance in respect of health, safety and wellbeing; considering and taking action as appropriate on reports from staff representatives; and approving Health & Safety policies, standards and guidance where these do not require the approval of the University Executive Board. The Committee meets four times a year (usually Tuesday lunchtime); the dates for 2021/22 are 14 September, 14 December, 8 March and 7 June.