Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee
We are responsible for the promotion of equality of opportunity across the University.
We aim to be an inclusive University, where difference is celebrated, respected and encouraged and where equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. As an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee, we are responsible to Council and Senate for the promotion of ED&I strategy. We engage with a wide range of equality and diversity issues affecting both staff and students. Our role is to raise awareness of equality and diversity issues, set ED&I priorities for the University and to develop, evaluate and review University policies procedures and action plans relating to equality and diversity.
You can read the responsibilities of the committee in the terms of reference.
Terms of office expire on 31 July in the year stated.
- Alex Butler (Chair)
- Richard Brooks, Director of Human Resources, term of office ex-officio
- Anthony Payne, Director of Student Services, term of office ex-officio
- Lizzi Milligan and Aurelien Mondon (Chair), Equality and Diversity Network, term of office ex-officio
- Mike Nicholson, Director of Student Recruitment and Admissions, term of office ex-officio
- Mr Francesco Masala, SU President, term of office ex-officio
- Freya Jackson, SU Community Officer, term of office ex-officio
- Mrs C Mealing-Jones, lay member appointed by Council, term of office 2021
- Ania Zalewska, member appointed by Senate, term of office 2023
- Vacant, member appointed by the Equality and Diversity Network, term of office 2020
- Mandy Wilson-Garner, member nominated by the Students' Union, term of office 2023
- Meg Crossman, elected student representative
- Anuradha Patibandla, elected student representative
The term of office for elected and appointed members is three years (renewable). For students it is one year (renewable). Up to three co-opted members are permitted, sought on the basis of their expertise in the area and may include members to the university.