The University of Bath is committed to tackling all forms of harassment, bullying, discrimination and sexual misconduct. We’re continuing work on our establish anti-harassment campaign and from this semester you will see a re-introduction of the previously used #NeverOK branding.
Why the change
We’ve listened to feedback and heard that:
- #NeverOK resonates more widely with students and staff and is recognised nationally as a grassroots anti-harassment initiative 'Be The Change' is increasingly associated with climate action work
- While #NeverOK began with a focus on sexual harassment, it allows for work to tackle all forms of harassment and is now used across the sector in this way
- #NeverOK is an appropriate message for victim-survivors, witnesses and bystanders, and would-be and actual perpetrators of harassment and misconduct
Lots remains the same
- The University’s commitment to tackling all forms of harassment, sexual misconduct, bullying and discrimination
- The campaign is still for both student and staff benefit
The campaign aims to:
- provide training to staff and students around recognising and tackling harassment
- increase awareness of, and remove barriers to, ways of seeking support for and reporting harassment
You will still see Be The Change referred to, but only in relation to our bystander training module 'Be The Change: Active Bystander'. This training module will remain a key part of the overarching #NeverOK campaign
Stay up to date and involved
Our #NeverOK webpages are now live!
Please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you have webpages or resources that need updating with the #NeverOK logo and check for outdated references to the previous #BeTheChange campaign.
If you haven’t already, please complete the mandatory Be The Change: Active Bystander staff training module.
Please familiarise yourself with the University’s Support and Report Tool. Staff and students can use this to seek support and/or make a report should they experience or witness any form of harassment.