This page was updated at 4:00pm
The University will be operating limited services today Wednesday 8 March due to the current adverse weather which is affecting Bath and the surrounding areas where many of our staff live. We are keeping the situation under review and will update you if circumstances change.
Please do not travel to campus today. Key operational staff should already be aware if they are required on campus; please check with your line manager if you are unsure.
Staff who are able to work from home are asked to do so. If you are unable to, please speak to your line manager. For more information please read the Guidance on staff attendance during severe weather conditions. If you are off campus, you can still access University systems and applications with your own device.
For our students living on campus and our essential workers, we will update this page with the services and facilities that are open as they are confirmed:
- The Lime Tree is open until 8.00pm
- Fresh Shop is open until 4.00pm
- The Market (within the SU) is open until 4.00pm
- 4 West cafe is closed
- The STV and Founders Hall are closing at 5.00pm
- The Plug is open for bagels and coffee
- Dartmouth Avenue is closed.
Colleagues from Campus Services are making every effort to clear and grit surfaces on campus , however please take care when walking. Health and Safety advice is:
- Walk – don’t run. Wear non-slip footwear. Allow more time for your journey, just as you would if driving
- Try to leave hands free to aid balance and protect against falls
- Stick to footpaths and avoid steep banks and inclines
- Take care when walking or cycling up and down hills.
- On no account attempt to walk on areas of frozen water, including the lake, which is extremely hazardous.