Engine Shed is part of Brunel's iconic railway station, built in 1841, and a minute's walk from Bristol Temple Meads. It houses a number of ‘components’ that together make an exciting hub for activity where entrepreneurs, business leaders, academics, students, and corporates can collaborate, inspire, and be inspired, enable and be enabled. It is also home to the offices of the GW4 research alliance.
Engine Shed Members' Lounge
University of Bath staff, SETsquared Bath companies, and visitors can use the Engine Shed Members' Lounge, free of charge for meetings.
Engine Shed’s meeting room spaces are open and taking bookings to members, including the University of Bath, at a discounted rate of 50%. All rooms have been made covid-safe. The Clock Tower Room will be available from 5 October with Station Master’s Office and Brunel’s Boardroom and Breakout Room open to book from now onwards. There is a wide-angle camera and microphone available in each space, compatible with online meetings. AV setup support is available.
All University of Bath staff and Bath SETsquared companies are part of the Engine Shed Members' Lounge. This is a shared working and meeting space for members and non-members, with an exceptional network of academics, entrepreneurs, innovators, business leaders, policy makers, and professionals. It is currently open 9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 4pm Friday. Reserve a space.
You do not need to book to use the Members' Lounge, simply:
- take a look at our building safety guide
- you will need to reserve a space in advance of your visit
- bring up to two non-members who you will need to book in advance
- wait for your confirmation email before traveling to the Engine Shed
- hosts at reception will show you to your space on arrival in either the tain-carriage style innovation pods, nooks or tables and sofas
- free wifi and eduroam connection
- high-end cafe in the Lounge to keep you fuelled
- 25% discount on venue hire bookings, including a theatre for up to 80 and Brunel's Boardroom for up to 24
- networking and connecting with other members, including from University's of Bristol, UWE and Bath Spa, also WECA, South West Business Council, IoD (Institute of Directors), and ICE (Institute for Civil Engineers)
You can also hire the Members' Lounge and other spaces at the Engine Shed for events. There are a range of spaces to suit just about anything; from tiered bleacher seating in the Junction, to workshop and seminar spaces in the boardroom, dinner or networking in the Members' Lounge, to product launches and demos on Platform 14. Further information on hiring spaces at the Engine Shed for events.
University of Bath staff are entitled to 50% off all venue hire.