This is an update on welcoming you to our community in September and particularly focuses on the support we have available for you if you will be travelling to the UK from another country.
Campus is open and we want to reassure you that we are preparing for your arrival within the UK government guidelines to ensure a Covid-19 safe environment.
The information below is correct at the time when the University sent the message. Things may change, however, so please read the latest information on our plans for offering a safe campus experience.
The UK government has rated countries as red, amber or green for coronavirus (Covid-19):
- Red list: High-risk countries
- Amber list: Moderate-risk countries
- Green list: Low-risk countries
Support for students
We are pleased to confirm the University of Bath will help cover the costs for you if you are travelling to Bath from red, amber and green list countries where quarantining and testing is required.
For students arriving from a green list country, we will cover the cost of the test package needed on arrival.
For students arriving from an amber list country:
- we will cover the cost of the test package needed on arrival
- students who will live in university accommodation can quarantine in university accommodation free of charge. We will cover the cost of a Test to Release package and provide basic essentials during the quarantine period, including meals.
- students who will live in private sector accommodation can quarantine there or, if they would prefer, can book a supported quarantine room in University accommodation. This accommodation will be free of charge. We will cover the cost of a Test to Release package and we will provide basic essentials during the quarantine period, including meals.
For students arriving from a red list country we will reimburse the cost of the 10-day government-managed quarantine hotel stay (currently £1,750). To be eligible we will need advance notice of your booking for government-managed quarantine hotel and a receipt for the cost.
We are unable to cover the cost for any quarantine and test package costs for your partner or family, who may be travelling with you.
Further details on the booking process for your quarantine accommodation, or how to let us know you will request a refund for your government-managed quarantine hotel stay, will be made available in the next few weeks.
All students are eligible to get a Covid-19 vaccine. Please see our webpages for further information on how you can get your vaccination in Bath, if you have not already received both doses.
Plans for the 2021-22 academic year
Please see our website for the latest information on our plans for the coming academic year. We will provide course-level details on this topic in July. We understand that some of you will not be able to arrive to the UK in time for the start of semester. We will support you in the best way we can to start your studies remotely, however we encourage you to make plans to arrive in Bath as soon as you can.
Covid testing on campus
After your quarantine period has been completed, staff and students on campus will be encouraged to regularly test for Covid.
We will be in touch with you with further details on how to book your quarantine accommodation and transportation to Bath from the airport.
If you have any questions please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This information was sent to PGT offer holders on Thursday 24 June 2021.