Gain primary and specialist sport and exercise medicine skills. This specialist academic and clinical online master's course is exclusively for doctors.
This specialist master's course will help you to develop the in-depth knowledge and clinical skills you need to work in the field of sport and exercise medicine.
You may be managing recreational and elite athletes already or be looking to deepen your knowledge of musculoskeletal injuries, so that you can better assess, treat and advise your patients in your practice.
We are one of just a few universities offering this type of course part-time through distance learning. You will have the convenience of being able to complete your studies while remaining in clinical practice.
By taking part, you will benefit from:
- highly interactive, flexible online learning and clinical teaching
- residential teaching weeks to support your practical and clinical examination training
- an online network of sport and exercise medicine and sports physiotherapy clinicians
- access to experienced clinical specialists in the field to provide professional development support
- a problem-solving and reflective approach to sport and exercise medicine
This is a recognised qualification for indemnity insurance. Many jobs as a team doctor require this type of qualification.
Informed teaching to advance your learning
You can look forward to working with our highly experienced sports medicine and sports physiotherapy team, who between them have worked with an impressive range of clients. Our team have worked at a number of high profile sporting events, including the:
- Olympic Games
- Commonwealth Games
- Paralympic World Cup
- World University Games
By the end of the course, you will be qualified to work with athletes and sports teams at the highest level. You will also be better equipped to assess, treat and advise patients in relation to musculoskeletal injuries, and to advise patients about the health benefits of exercise more generally.