About the workshop
This one-day training workshop is compulsory for postgraduate students who are expected to lead lectures, seminars and tutorials by themselves (presenting information in a formal way or taking responsibility to ensure learning outcomes are met).
This training is a general introduction to teaching and supporting learning and will cover:
- what makes a good teacher
- how your role fits into the undergraduate learning experience
- consideration of what undergraduates need to know/do
- your role as a ‘teacher’
- what makes a good seminar or tutorial
- micro-teaching practice
- how do you know if undergraduates are learning
- developing your teaching practice
You should only book onto this course if you have been offered a teaching position in your department.
Academic Staff Developer
Who should attend