The main purpose of the retreat is to allow academics dedicated time and space to consider and write a research proposal, in a supportive environment, with a commitment to submit a research funding application within 6 months. Single applicants or small teams of applicants (provided the Principal Investigator is at Bath) may apply to attend the retreat.
Please note that this is not a formal training or skills development workshop, and that you should be at the stage of being ready to write a first draft of the application or to make progress on a grant proposal already in development.
- To allow academics and researchers the space and time to assess the readiness of their research ideas and make progress in writing grant applications
- To expedite the submission of research applications to funders
- To allow ready access to professional services during the writing process
- To allow academics to benefit from peer-to-peer support in an inclusive and supportive environment
As well as fellow academic colleagues, in attendance will be research support staff from across RIS (Research Development, Impact, Pre-Award, Partnerships) and other Professional Services will be on hand to provide expert advice.
The retreat will take place at Bath Royal Literary and Scientific Institution (BRLSI, Queen Square BA1 2HN). All refreshments and lunch will be provided.
Attendance will be confirmed by invitation only, following consideration of a short application, confirming that the applicant(s) meet the following criteria. The applicant(s) will:
- Identify a suitable research project or fellowship funding opportunity for which they are eligible
- Be the Principal Investigator or University of Bath lead (for applicant teams)
- Commit to submit the grant application within 6 months, following the writing retreat
- Commit to attending booked days of the retreat – no shows may be charged
- Commit to working exclusively on their proposal development during the retreat
- Commit to keeping RIS informed on progress of the proposal, following the retreat
To apply please complete the online application form and upload an outline of your proposed research idea (max 1 page). Applications must be completed by noon on Monday 4 December, and your place will be confirmed no later than Wednesday 6 December.
Please email any queries to email@example.com