Skip to main content


Where you can get help with accommodation issues.

University services

ResLife Team

The ResLife Team are able to provide advice for students in University accommodation for undergraduate, postgraduate, pre-sessional and exchange students, both on campus and in the city centre.

ResLife also run a residence life programme to support your transition into University halls, develop a sense of community and help you get the best student experience from your time living with us. This includes peer to peer roles, ResLife Ambassadors.

Private sector accommodation

Help on private sector accommodation is available including finding accommodation via the Studentpad database of properties, tenancy contracts and any issues arising whilst living in private accommodation.


Security is here to help at all times; 24 hours a day, seven days a week ensuring campus is safe, looking after parking, CCTV, lost property and everyone’s welfare on University premises.

SU services

Advice & Support Centre

The Advice & Support Centre offer guidance & support with housing concerns, including:

  • where to find housemates
  • checking your contract before you sign it
  • advice on deposit protection schemes
  • issues with landlords or other tenants
  • responding to a disciplinary incident in University accommodation.

For independent & confidential advice, please email

SU Community Officer

The SU Community Officer is elected to represent students in halls and housing to the University. They work directly with University accommodation teams and the local community to represent students in housing both on and off campus. You can contact them with any queries or concerns related to housing.

Hall Reps

The role of Hall Reps is to ensure that the first year of University is the best it can possibly be. Each hall has elected representatives who can be contacted with any issues, concerns or questions.

Outside organisations

Citizens Advice

Citizens Adviceis a charity that provides free, impartial advice and information on a range of issues, helping with most everyday problems from employment to housing and debt.


Shelter helps millions of people every year struggling with bad housing or homelessness through advice, support, and legal services.

On this page