Change your password and set up Multi-Factor Authentication
When you joined the University you will have been given a temporary password to access the University systems; we strongly advise that you change it as soon as you can.
If you know your University password and want to change it:
- Sign in to your My Account page
- Select the 'Change Password' link from the Password tile or select 'Password' from the navigation pane on the left-hand side of the screen
- Follow the prompts to change your password
- Select an authentication option to enable Multi-Factor Authentication:
- Authenticator app (recommended) follow this guide to set it up
- Alternative phone
- Security questions
You can find out about Multi-Factor Authentication and how it works in the What is: Multi-Factor Authentication guide on the University of Bath - Learning Pathways.