Change your password and set up Multi-Factor Authentication
When you joined the University you will have been given a temporary password to access the University systems; we strongly advise that you change it as soon as you can.
If you know your University password and want to change it:
- Sign in to your My Account page
- Select the 'Change Password' link from the Password tile or select 'Password' from the navigation pane on the left-hand side of the screen
- Follow the prompts to change your password
- Select an authentication option to enable Multi-Factor Authentication:
- Authenticator app (recommended), learn how to set it up
- Alternative phone
- Security questions
You can find out about Multi-Factor Authentication and how it works in the What is: Multi-Factor Authentication guide on the University of Bath - Learning Pathways.
Reset your University password
Current staff or students
If you have already set up Multi-Factor Authentication, you can reset your password online.
If you have not yet set up Multi-Factor Authentication or are having problems resetting your password, you should complete this form to request a password reset.
Find out how to create a strong password by using the University guide or by using Microsoft's guide.
To reset your password please use the account reset tool.
If you are struggling to reset your password using the account reset tool, please fill out the password reset form.