The University of Bath and the Europa-Universität Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), situated close to the beautiful city of Berlin, are delighted to offer a language exchange between our two institutions.
About virtual language exchanges
A virtual language exchange is a great way to broaden your horizons, meet new people, enhance your knowledge of German culture and develop your spoken German.
If you are enrolled on a German course with us it will give you the opportunity to practise the spoken language in a 1:1 setting in an informal way.
If you are not enrolled on a language course but have some knowledge of German and are interested in improving your spoken language and broadening your cultural understanding, then this would also be a great opportunity for you.
We are looking for students with an AS level or above in German (equivalent to B1 level or above) to take part.
How the virtual exchange works
- The project will last six weeks.
- You will be paired with a student from the Europa-Universität Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder) who is interested in improving their English proficiency.
- The first meeting is an introductory meeting where participants from both universities and staff will meet each other for the first time.
- You will then meet your virtual exchange partner weekly for the next five weeks over a semester.
- Each meeting takes place online via Teams.
- Both partners decide the day and time of the meeting.
- The meetings should last about 60 minutes (German should be used in the first 30 minutes followed by English in the second half of the session)
- At the end of the virtual exchange we will ask you to write a short journal entry in German (250–500 words) reflecting on your experience.