The University of Bath and Roma Tre University are delighted to offer a virtual language exchange between our two institutions.
About virtual language exchanges
A virtual language exchange is a great way to broaden your horizons, meet new people, enhance your knowledge of Italian culture and develop your spoken Italian.
If you are enrolled on an Italian course with us it will give you the opportunity to practise the spoken language in a 1:1 setting in an informal way.
If you are not enrolled on a language course but have some knowledge of Italian and are interested in improving your spoken language, then this would also be a great opportunity for you.
We are looking for students with a GCSE/AS/A Level in Italian or equivalent (A2/B1/B2) to take part.
How the virtual exchange works
- The project will last six weeks.
- You will be paired with a student from Roma Tre University who is enrolled in an English class.
- The first meeting is an introductory meeting where participants from both universities and staff will meet each other for the first time.
- You will then meet your virtual exchange partner weekly for the next six weeks over a semester.
- Each meeting takes place online via Teams.
- Both partners decide the day and time of the meeting.
- The meetings should last about 60 minutes (Italian should be used in the first 30 minutes followed by English in the second half of the session).
- At the end of the virtual exchange we will ask you to write a short journal entry in Italian (250–500 words) reflecting on your experience.