Learn Arabic with the Skills Centre as a member of the public or University staff
Find out about our courses and how to enrol on the right one for you.
We offer two levels in Arabic, Complete Beginner and Lower Intermediate Part 1.
We teach Modern Standard Arabic in both courses, but some references are made to the differences between Arab dialects. If you are interested in the colloquial language spoken in Syria, Lebanon, Palestine and Israel, come and join one of our Arabic courses where emphasis is placed on the learner’s ability to speak and listen.
This level is suitable for those who have never studied Arabic before.
At the end of this course you will:
- be able to master the Arabic alphabet and sound system
- be able to initiate social interactions by asking for basic information
- be able to talk about yourself, education and family
- have received an introduction to some basic cultural aspects of social interaction in the Arab world
Lower Intermediate Part 1
Enrol on this course if you:
- have some previous knowledge of Arabic (completed the Beginner level with us and/or have a GCSE or similar qualification).
Or if you:
- know Arabic sounds and letters
- can greet people and ask simple questions
- can talk about family members
- can differentiate between masculine and feminine nouns
- can conjugate some verbs
The Autumn Term will start on 05 October. To enrol, you should select from the appropriate link below: